WELCOME BACK (IN THE BUILDING)
As followers of Christ, we’re called to gather together. We’re meant to learn, grow, worship, and pray together. Since Governor Holcomb released the Back on Track Indiana guidelines, we have spent significant time in prayer and preparation, to develop our Back in the Building plan to resume in-person services and subsequent ministry opportunities to follow this summer.
We are not “reopening” because we were never closed. It is vital we realize that we are still called to be on mission wherever we are. And regardless of where people choose to gather for church services, we get to continue to love God and love others – together!
Our plans will remain based upon current CDC and state guidelines to help protect the health and safety of our staff and congregation. We will also work to provide the most effective ministry opportunities possible, in light of continued monitoring of the health of our congregation and community. Because this is an everchanging situation, we may need to change our plans based upon any state health updates.
This pandemic shall also pass. And someday we’ll look back and see that God never left us and was working all things out for good. Knowing this, we can turn to Him today for discernment and compassion to live by faith, and not by fear, while being wise in making the right decisions for our church family.
IN-PERSON SERVICE GUIDELINES
WHAT WE’RE DOING:
- Most staff and volunteers (ushers, greeters, etc.) involved in Guest Services will be wearing masks as they assist with greeting and seating.
- Additional hand-sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the building.
- High volume areas including the auditorium, lobby, and restrooms will be thoroughly sanitized between services.
- Services will be a limited touch experience:
- Doors will be opened for you.
- Food or beverages will not be offered at this time. However, you can bring your own.
- Water fountains will not be available.
- Programs, Connection Cards, and pens will not be distributed.
- Offering baskets will not be passed. Baskets will be available in the auditorium if you prefer to give that way. You can also give online, through the app, or via mail.
- A Listening Lot is available if you'd like to be here in-person, but not necessarily in the building for services. You can tune in to 89.7FM on your radio and gather safely on campus, but outdoors.
- Sonlight Children’s Ministries will not be available at this time. Be sure to sign up for their weekly update emails, including; teaching videos and lessons for kids.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO:
- Monitor for symptoms. If any symptoms (per CDC guidelines) exist, please stay home and join us online. Please do not attend if you have been in contact with anyone in the last 14 days that has/had COVID-19.
- Determine if you are high risk, and consider if you should stay home to worship online.
- Wearing a mask is encouraged.
- Maintain physical distance from other attendees not in your household (6 feet).
- To allow needed time for services and facility cleaning, please follow greeter/usher instructions, and avoid congregating during or after services.
- Please sanitize your hands at one of the stations upon entry.
- Wash your hands after using the restroom.
PLEASE NOTE: While seating capacity is still reduced, you no longer need to reserve your seats in advance for the month of July. We will continue to monitor attendance and may have to return to a reservation system in the future when we return to offering Sonlight Children's Ministries.
Exciting News! So, you want to attend on a Sunday, however, there is a health concern in your family, or maybe your family dynamics don’t lend itself to a stationary 45-minute service? Well, be sure to check out are new Listening Lot. The Listening Lot will be a place where you can come with your family and park in our parking lot where social distancing and your safety will be recognized. Tune your car radio to FM 89.7 and listen through your car speakers. Each vehicle will be given an extra parking space to use as they like.
There is no need to register for the Listening Lot. Just grab your lawn chairs and coffee, come a little early to get situated, and join us this Sunday! We can’t wait to see you and experience a unique time of worship together.
(NOTE: By attending services in-person, you are agreeing to our in-person service guidelines, and acknowledging that WCC is not responsible for possible virus transmission during ministry activities or illness after attending.)