CHRISTMAS GIVING OPPORTUNITIES
Let’s join together as a church to make a difference in our community and world. Let’s give those hurting a little more peace this season and serve them the way Jesus did. Choose one, multiple, or all of these opportunities as an outpouring of generosity and compassion.
WCC Care Fund
Since 2006 we’ve received a special, above-and-beyond, offering that has raised nearly $2.2 million dollars (see PDF) to help our community, our missions partners, and launch Plymouth Community Church. This year’s Care Fund offering will take place in services on Sunday, December 17, and will focus on three key areas:
- Hardship – temporary help for those encountering tough times that may need assistance with a utility bill, medical bill, car or home repair, or even food.
- Addiction – we’re partnering with enforcement agencies, civic leaders, and counseling specialists to change how we treat people caught up in addiction, and truly impact the drug and alcohol crisis plaguing our community.
- Missions – we are committed to being a sending church, and to reaching our world for Jesus Christ through our partners. Where the Gospel is planted, love and peace can bloom to change the world.
Please prayerfully consider giving to this special offering through the WCC App, online, or by using a Care Fund envelope (available at the Info Center). If you won’t be here on December 17, you can still give now through the end of the year via all the giving options previously mentioned.
For questions about the WCC Care Fund, contact: Tonia Morris, (574) 268-0188 x125.
This is a great way for you, your family, your friends, or your small group to do just that… adopt a family for Christmas, and provide them some basics and their kids some gifts. Stop by the Adopt-A- Family table in the lobby on December 3 and 10 to find out more or to sign up. CCS will provide you details and contact information about the family. Then have fun shopping for your “adopted” family and set up a date to deliver the gifts.
NOTE: Adopt-A-Family is a community-wide Christmas initiative overseen by Combined Community Services. For questions about the Adopt-A-Family program, please contact: CCS, (574) 269-6019.
PJ’s & Bibles
This a fun, Christmas offering project through our Sonlight Children’s Ministries that you and/or your kids can help other children in our community go to bed warm and with God’s Word. Purchase a set of pajamas and a Bible that corresponds to the size and age of your own children. Don’t have any children? That’s okay. We also need larger sizes as well (Youth XL – Adult Medium). For guidance on what Bible to purchase, Sonlight recommends the following versions, which can be purchased for a discount at the table in the lobby:
- Toddler - Preschool: The Beginner’s Bible
- Preschool - Early Elementary: My First Hands-On Bible (NLT)
- Middle - Later Elementary: The Hands-On Bible (NLT)
Please bring your PJ’s & Bibles back unwrapped by Sunday, December 17 to the drop off locations in the lobby or throughout Sonlight.
For more details on PJ’s & Bibles, contact: Ruth Romeo, (574) 268-0188 x247.
Signing up to ring the bell and man the red kettle is a great way to help assist The Salvation Army this Christmas season as they raise money to aid people in our community both physically and spiritually. Multiple dates, times, and locations are available. You can sign up at the Info Center on Sundays, or visit the Salvation Army’s special website www.registertoring.com for even more dates, times and locations.
For questions about bell ringing, contact: Monna Baum, (574) 268-0188 x102.